Our 5 hour deep Sea fishing charters – aka 1/2 day charters – are a great way to experience a little Deep Sea Fishing while still having the majority of the day remaining for other activities.
With varying departure times this is a fantastic way to get out on the water and have a great time on a lovely, large and safe vessel, being looked after and assisted by super friendly and highly experienced crew. Never been fishing out at sea before? This is probably the ideal charter for you! A fun and enjoyable trip that will show you what you can experience on longer trips, but is far more focused on having a fun time offshore!
This short charter offering is by no means a “Hard-Core” / “Trophy Fish Chasing” charter offering. Its why we only recommend this length of trip to those new to Deep Sea Charter Fishing, or those just wanting to get out on the ocean for a few hours and try their hand at a bit of fishing. Of course if all you have is a few hours to spare then by all means, come join the fun. Just understand that the short duration of the charter does limit the actual amount of time available for fishing as well as the distance we are able to travel to the fishing locations. In general we travel up to 8nm offshore on this charter.
More experienced fishing enthusiasts and those seeking a more “True Deep Sea Fishing” focused trip, should strongly consider longer duration charters. Perhaps our 7 hour, 9 hour , 11 hour, 12 hour or even our 18 hour (overnight) charters are a better fit in such cases! Or the evening versions of this charter if at all possible which make great use of the sunset fishing period.
For a detailed “itinerary” for this charter and to see what is and isn’t included please click on the “Itinerary” tab.
- All legal fish are your to keep, return or share.Bag and size limits obviously apply and are strictly adhered to. All kept fish will be “Gutted and gilled” for you by our crew, bagged and put on ice for you to take home at the end of the charter.
- All legal (size and gender) spanner crabs caught are cooked, iced and shared between passengers interested in trying them!
- PLEASE NOTE THAT DUE TO THE CURRENT COVID-19 PANDEMIC RULES AND REGULATIONS WE ARE NOT ABLE TO SAFELY CONDUCT SPANNER CRABBING ON THIS OR ANY FISHING CHARTER UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
- Use of fishing equipment and bait is included (you are of course welcome to bring your own if you prefer).
COVID Safe Charter Fishing – for detailed information on how we’ve adjusted our tour to be COVID Safe and for updated terms click here.
Please note that no funds will be deducted until we have been able to also confirm the availability of the requested charter. This because other impacts such as phone and agent bookings, weather and other unforeseen things could impact on the availability at the same time as you are requesting the charter online. Our Terms and conditions are available on this webpage ( Click here to view them now ) and will also be emailed to you as part of the booking confirmation.
The “BRIDGE SEAFOOD ” Pontoon (located at the rear of the restaurant),
209 Brisbane Road Mooloolaba Qld.
For a GPS use “Bridge Seafoods” or “209 Brisbane Road Mooloolaba Qld”. In iPhone Maps “Bridge Seafoods” is far more accurate.
Please DO NOT park your car here on the service Road, but rather in the FREE public car-park next to the BP service station across the road.
The location is the corner of Incana Court and Brisbane Road. This parking is free and unlimited in time, and only a 2 minute stroll (100m) from the departure point.
Once parked please wait near the top of the ramp until instructed by the skipper that it is safe to come down the ramp and board the vessel.
FOR BOAT-BOOKINGS ONLY, ON SPECIAL REQUEST, THE FOLLOWING LOCATION CAN ALSO BE ARRANGED:
The “Coast Guard & Boat Ramp” Pontoon (located between the 2 boat ramps),
51 Parkyn Parade Mooloolaba Qld.
(Click on the RED
icon on the above map for more information)
We depart from the “Coast Guard & Boat Ramp” Pontoon. (Pontoon is located between the 2 boat ramps).
For a GPS use 51 Parkyn Parade Mooloolaba Qld. These are the units across the road from the ramp.
Please DO NOT park your car in the Boat trailer areas here but rather find a park along Parkyn Parade where parking is free and unlimited in time. Cars parked incorrectly in the Boat ramp car park are likely to be towed.
Once parked please wait at the top of the ramp to the pontoon until instructed by the crew that it is safe to come down the ramp and board the vessel.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||The Coast Guard Pontoon, 50 Parkyn Parade, Mooloolaba ( Sunshine Coast ), Queensland. Australia|
|DEPARTURE AND RETURN TIMES||Sunrise: 5.30AM Departure & 10.30AM Return
Mid Morning: 11.00AM Departure & 4.00PM Return
Afternoon: 1.00PM Departure & 6.00PM Return
Sunset: 3.00PM Departure & 8.00PM Return
|DEPARTURE NOTE||Please arrive 30 minutes prior for a prompt departure.|
|WHAT TO WEAR & BRING||Comfortable clothing, enclosed shoes, hat and sunglasses. Bring a rain jacket just in case. Alcohol is on a BYO basis.|
- Ensure you have enough time to find a car park if needed.
- Please DO NOT bring empty eskies aboard. The crew will bag and ice your fish and your crabs (separately) for you so that you can take them to your can and easily place them in a waiting esky there.
- Early charters have Morning Coffee and tea provided aboard. (We know how hard it can be to find a coffee at 5AM!)
- Please do not wait on the pontoon itself as the crew will be mooring the vessel on its arrival and we safety is paramount for all.