Looking for something a little more challenging than the short 5 hour / half day fishing trips? Our 7 hour Deep Sea Fishing Charter – aka 3/4 day – might be the solution! These trips are a great way to experience a lot more in-depth Deep Sea Fishing, all without breaking the bank, and still having a large portion of the day remaining for other activities.
These trips are ideal for those with a small degree of offshore fishing experience, as well as who have family (or work) commitments for the same day. Our Sunrise charters arrive back at lunch time, leaving the afternoon free for all the other commitments you might have.
With varying departure times this is a fantastic way to get out on the water and have a great time on a lovely, large and safe vessel, being looked after and assisted by super friendly and highly experienced crew. A fun and enjoyable trip that will show you what you can experience on longer trips.
This short charter offering is still by no means a really “Hard-Core” / “Trophy Fish Chasing” charter offering. Its why we only recommend this length of trip to those relatively new to Deep Sea Charter Fishing, or those just wanting to get out on the ocean for a good few hours and try their hand at deep sea fishing. Just understand that the shorter duration of the charter does still limit the total amount of time available for fishing as well as the distance we are able to travel to the fishing locations. In general we travel up to 12nm offshore on this length of deep sea fishing charter.
More experienced fishing enthusiasts should strongly consider our longer duration charters if at all possible. Perhaps our 9 hour , 11 hour, 12 hour or even our 18 hour (overnight) charters are a better fit in such cases!
For a detailed “itinerary” for this charter and to see what is and isn’t included please click on the “Itinerary” tab.
- All legal fish are your to keep, return or share. Bag and size limits obviously apply and are strictly adhered to. All kept fish will be “Gutted and gilled” for you by our crew, bagged and put on ice for you to take home at the end of the charter.
- All legal (size and gender) spanner crabs caught are cooked, iced and shared between passengers interested in trying them!
- PLEASE NOTE THAT DUE TO THE CURRENT COVID-19 PANDEMIC RULES AND REGULATIONS WE ARE NOT ABLE TO SAFELY CONDUCT SPANNER CRABBING ON THIS OR ANY FISHING CHARTER UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
- Use of fishing equipment and bait is included (you are of course welcome to bring your own if you prefer).
COVID Safe Charter Fishing – for detailed information on how we’ve adjusted our tour to be COVID Safe and for updated terms click here.
Please note that other impacts such as phone and agent bookings, weather and other unforeseen things could impact on the availability at the same time as you are requesting the charter online. Our Terms and conditions are available on this webpage ( Click here to view them now ) and will also be emailed to you as part of the booking confirmation.
The “BRIDGE SEAFOOD ” Pontoon (located at the rear of the restaurant),
209 Brisbane Road Mooloolaba Qld.
For a GPS use “Bridge Seafoods” or “209 Brisbane Road Mooloolaba Qld”. In iPhone Maps “Bridge Seafoods” is far more accurate.
Please DO NOT park your car here on the service Road, but rather in the FREE public car-park next to the BP service station across the road.
The location is the corner of Incana Court and Brisbane Road. This parking is free and unlimited in time, and only a 2 minute stroll (100m) from the departure point.
Once parked please wait near the top of the ramp until instructed by the skipper that it is safe to come down the ramp and board the vessel.
FOR BOAT-BOOKINGS ONLY, ON SPECIAL REQUEST, THE FOLLOWING LOCATION CAN ALSO BE ARRANGED:
The “Coast Guard & Boat Ramp” Pontoon (located between the 2 boat ramps),
51 Parkyn Parade Mooloolaba Qld.
(Click on the RED
icon on the above map for more information)
We depart from the “Coast Guard & Boat Ramp” Pontoon. (Pontoon is located between the 2 boat ramps).
For a GPS use 51 Parkyn Parade Mooloolaba Qld. These are the units across the road from the ramp.
Please DO NOT park your car in the Boat trailer areas here but rather find a park along Parkyn Parade where parking is free and unlimited in time. Cars parked incorrectly in the Boat ramp car park are likely to be towed.
Once parked please wait at the top of the ramp to the pontoon until instructed by the crew that it is safe to come down the ramp and board the vessel.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||The Coast Guard Pontoon, 50 Parkyn Parade, Mooloolaba ( Sunshine Coast ), Queensland. Australia|
|DEPARTURE AND RETURN TIMES||Sunrise: 5.30AM Departure & 12.30PM Return
Afternoon: 11.00AM Departure & 6.00PM Return
Sunset: 1.00PM Departure & 8.00PM Return
Evening: 3.00PM Departure & 10.00PM Return
|DEPARTURE NOTE||Please arrive 30 minutes prior for a prompt departure.|
|WHAT TO WEAR & BRING||Comfortable clothing, enclosed shoes, hat and sunglasses. Bring a rain jacket just in case. Alcohol is on a BYO basis.|
- Ensure you have enough time to find a car park if needed.
- Please DO NOT bring empty eskies aboard. The crew will bag and ice your fish and your crabs (separately) for you so that you can take them to your can and easily place them in a waiting esky there.
- Early charters have Morning Coffee and tea provided aboard. (We know how hard it can be to find a coffee at 5AM!)
- Please do not wait on the pontoon itself as the crew will be mooring the vessel on its arrival and we safety is paramount for all.