Why not try your hand at the rapidly growing sport of kayak fishing, and take home a rod and reel worth more than the cost of your trip!?!
Guided kayak fishing tours are the ideal way to experience the beautiful local estuaries of the Sunshine Coast, all with the added help of an experienced local guide.
Not only will you get to fish these pristine waters in a lightweight and very stable kayak, you will be given expert assistance to learn the finer nuances of the different techniques and methods you are able to make use of fishing this way. Our kayaks use lightweight oars to avoid snagging on shallow areas or underwater obstructions which can often severely damage the “pedal-style” propulsion of high end kayaks. Our goal is to have you to fish areas accessible by kayak. Because those locations have minimal “fishing Pressure” or competition.
There are so many fish species to target in the Sunshine Coast estuary waters. Bream, whiting, flathead, tailor, trevally, jew, mangrove jack and even Barramundi are just some of the species which you might catch on this adventure.
You certainly do not need any experience as or guide is there to assist and help you get the hang of thing quickly and easily. In fact we believe you will enjoy your trip so much you will be wanting to do this again and again. Thats the main reason we GIVE you the BRAND NEW JAPANESE ROD AND REEL ESTUARY COMBO! that you use on your trip (Only if you book direct with us or Sunreef )
This combo, which you will use as part of your kit for the day, is yours to take with you at the end of the tour! The RRP of this set alone means you actually walk away with gear worth more than the cost of the trip!!!
Yours to use again and again wherever and whenever you want.
Kayak fishing is the real deal. Once you try it you will understand immediately why it is growing so rapidly in popularity! So give us a call (or book online) and see what all the fuss is about!
This special trip includes the use of a Self-drive boat to enable to you get to the departure location and back (about a 15 mins cruise on the river each way!). Simply a fantastic way to begin your trip and amazing added extra value!
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Sunreef Pontoon, The Wharf, Mooloolaba ( Sunshine Coast ), Queensland. Australia|
|DEPARTURE AND RETURN TIMES||Our tours are based on the prevailing tides on the day|
|DEPARTURE NOTE||Please arrive 30 minutes prior for a prompt departure.|
|WHAT TO WEAR & BRING||See below for a detailed list|
|SPECIAL ADD ONS INCLUDED||
For a detailed “itinerary” for this tour please click on the Itinerary tab above.
What we recommend you bring with you for the tour:
- a Hat.
- Phone or waterproof camera.
- We recommend a change of clothing as well to be left in your car. Just in case…..
- A rain jacket in case of light showers which are often forecast of course.
What to wear for the tour:
- Comfortable clothing. (You will get wet to some degree)
- Enclosed comfortable Footwear (They WILL get wet!).
What is provided on the day:
- The use of a Sunreef Hire Self-Drive Boat (outboard powered) to get to the departure point and back. A much more fun way to start your tour!
- All equipment needed (kayak, fishing gear, bait etc). You are provided with a brand new rod and reel for your use, and it’s yours to keep!
- Safety gear such as life jacket and first aid kit (Your guide has a current first aid certificate.).
- Extensive local knowledge about the area and species of fish we will be targeting.
- Snacks, water.
- No Boat license is needed to drive the Self-Drive Boat!
- This tour is catch and release only.
- You get to keep the new Rod and reel aboard your kayak!
- This tour is for groups of 4 to 8 persons only!
Our Terms and conditions are available on this webpage. Click here to view them now and will also be emailed to you as part of the booking confirmation.
The “BRIDGE SEAFOOD ” Pontoon (located at the rear of the restaurant),
209 Brisbane Road Mooloolaba Qld.
For a GPS use “Bridge Seafoods” or “209 Brisbane Road Mooloolaba Qld”. In iPhone Maps “Bridge Seafoods” is far more accurate.
Please DO NOT park your car here on the service Road, but rather in the FREE public car-park next to the BP service station across the road.
The location is the corner of Incana Court and Brisbane Road. This parking is free and unlimited in time, and only a 2 minute stroll (100m) from the departure point.
Once parked please wait near the top of the ramp until instructed by the skipper that it is safe to come down the ramp and board the vessel.
- Ensure you have enough time to find a car park if needed.
- Please DO NOT bring empty eskies aboard the kayaks. The guide will bag your fish for you so that you can take them to your car and easily place them in a waiting esky there. (Have some ice in the esky).
- Your guide will prepare the kayaks for you in advance.