Guided kayak fishing tours are the ideal way to experience the beautiful local estuaries of the Sunshine Coast, all with the added help of an experienced local guide.
Not only will you get to fish these pristine waters in a lightweight and very stable kayak, you will be given expert assistance to learn the finer nuances of the different techniques and methods you are able to make use of fishing this way. Our kayaks use lightweight oars to avoid snagging on shallow areas or underwater obstructions which can often severely damage the “pedal-style” propulsion of high end kayaks. Our goal is to have you to fish areas accessible by kayak. Because those locations have minimal “fishing Pressure” or competition.
There are so many fish species to target in the Sunshine Coast estuary waters. Bream, whiting, flathead, tailor, trevally, jew, mangrove jack and even Barramundi are just some of the species which you might catch on this adventure.
You certainly do not need any experience as or guide is there to assist and help you get the hang of thing quickly and easily. In fact we believe you will enjoy your trip so much you will be wanting to do this again and again. That’s the main reason we GIVE you the BRAND NEW JAPANESE ROD AND REEL ESTUARY COMBO! that you use on your trip (Only if you book direct with us and not via a 3rd party such as an agent.)
This combo, which you will use as part of your kit for the day, is yours to take with you at the end of the tour! The RRP of this set alone means you actually walk away with gear worth more than the cost of the trip!!!
Yours to use again and again wherever and whenever you want.
Kayak fishing is the real deal. Once you try it you will understand immediately why it is growing so rapidly in popularity! So give us a call (or book online) and see what all the fuss is about!
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Bridge Seafoods (restaurant), 209 Brisbane Road, Mooloolaba ( Sunshine Coast ), Queensland. Australia (This is the service road along Brisbane Road)|
|DEPARTURE AND RETURN TIMES||Morning: 8.30AM Departure & 12.30PM Return
Afternoon: 1.00PM Departure & 5.00PM Return
|DEPARTURE NOTE||Please arrive 30 minutes prior for a prompt departure.|
|WHAT TO WEAR & BRING||See below for a detailed list|
For a detailed “itinerary” for this tour please click on the Itinerary tab above.
What we recommend you bring with you for the tour:
- a Hat.
- Phone or waterproof camera.
- We recommend a change of clothing as well to be left in your car. Just in case…..
- A rain jacket in case of light showers which are often forecast of course.
What to wear for the tour:
- Comfortable clothing. (You will get wet to some degree)
- Enclosed comfortable Footwear (They WILL get wet!).
What we provide on the day:
- All equipment needed (kayak, fishing gear, bait etc). Each Kayak has 2 rods and reel aboard for your use. One of which is brand new and yours to keep!
- Safety gear such as life jacket and first aid kit (Your guide has a current first aid certificate.).
- Extensive local knowledge about the area and species of fish we will be targeting.
- Snacks, water and on longer trips – lunch (more depending on which tour is booked)
- This is a catch-and-release tour!
- All lures are supplied during the tour.
- You get to keep the brand new Rod and reel aboard your kayak!
Please note: A minimum of 4 people per tour are required for the tour to be able to proceed.
If you are on your own, please call and ask when the next arranged tour is so that we can fit you in with another group.
If you do proceed with booking online and the tour does not meet the required number of participants we will contact you prior to the departure to inform you of such and see if another arranged tour is suitable.
Please note that no funds will be deducted until we have been able to also confirm the availability of the requested tour. This because other impacts such as phone and agent bookings, weather and other unforeseen things could impact on the availability at the same time as you are requesting the Tour online.
Our Terms and conditions are available on this webpage. Click here to view them now and will also be emailed to you as part of the booking confirmation.
The “BRIDGE SEAFOOD ” Pontoon (located at the rear of the restaurant),
209 Brisbane Road Mooloolaba Qld.
For a GPS use “Bridge Seafoods” or “209 Brisbane Road Mooloolaba Qld”. In iPhone Maps “Bridge Seafoods” is far more accurate.
Please DO NOT park your car here on the service Road, but rather in the FREE public car-park next to the BP service station across the road.
The location is the corner of Incana Court and Brisbane Road. This parking is free and unlimited in time, and only a 2 minute stroll (100m) from the departure point.
Once parked please wait near the top of the ramp until instructed by the skipper that it is safe to come down the ramp and board the vessel.
- Ensure you have enough time to find a car park if needed.
- Please DO NOT bring empty eskies aboard the kayaks. The guide will bag your fish for you so that you can take them to your car and easily place them in a waiting esky there. (Have some ice in the esky).
- Your guide will prepare the kayaks for you in advance.