Self Guided Kayak Hire.
Kayaking is becoming increasingly popular for families and friends or simply for some quiet time out on the water for yourself. No experience needed!
Get out and enjoy the sunshine at your own pace on your 60 minute kayaking adventure. There are many different kayaking routes you can take exploring the Mooloolaba waterways. Take in the mansions on Mooloolah Island, stop off an outrigger island and beach or head down towards The Wharf to take a sneak look at what’s going on. Adventure further down to see all the yachts at the Mooloolaba Marina or drop into the fisheries for some fresh seafood or you may wish to head up into the more secluded locations and truly experience the natural beauty and wildlife in a relaxed quiet setting. The choice is yours!
Our experienced kayak instructor will give you an overview before you paddle off on your own kayak adventure.
Our kayaks are shorter that most hire kayaks yet still incredibly stable! This means they are easier to paddle and much much easier to steer! That important when you are in the estuary areas between mangroves exploring! We use lightweight oars to avoid snagging on shallow areas or underwater obstructions. So you can explore to your heart’s content without struggling!
Our kayaks are rated to 120 kg by the manufacturer but a more comfortable figure is 110 kg. Our kayaks are extremely stable and easy to operate. They will suit most paddlers up to 1.95 cm in height.
Due to legal reasons we cannot hire kayaks to persons under the age of 18 years unless accompanied by an adult.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Bridge Seafoods, 209 Brisbane Road, Mooloolaba ( Sunshine Coast ), Queensland. Australia|
|DEPARTURE AND RETURN TIMES||Any time between 7AM and 9PM – with 30 mins notice.|
|DEPARTURE NOTE||Please arrive 30 minutes prior to allow for the safety briefing priot to departure.|
|WHAT TO WEAR & BRING||See below for a detailed list|
For a detailed “itinerary” for this tour please click on the Itinerary tab above.
- Participants must be at least 12 years of age, unless accompanied by an adult where the minimum age is 8 years of age.
What to bring:
- a Hat.
- Phone or waterproof camera. (Ideal way to keep a phone securely dry is in a zip-lock bag!)
- We recommend a change of clothing as well to be left in your car. Just in case…..
- Towel (you just never know!)
- A rain jacket in case of light showers which are often forecast of course.
- Water or other drinks – We can also supply if required (see extras)
- Any medication that may be required – eg: Asthma Inhaler
What to wear:
- Comfortable clothing. (You may get wet to some degree)
- Enclosed comfortable Footwear (They will more than likely get wet!).
Please leave all valuables that may be lost or damaged at home.
Our Terms and conditions are available on this webpage. Click here to view them now and will also be emailed to you as part of the booking confirmation.
The “BRIDGE SEAFOOD ” Pontoon (located at the rear of the restaurant),
209 Brisbane Road Mooloolaba Qld.
For a GPS use “Bridge Seafoods” or “209 Brisbane Road Mooloolaba Qld”. In iPhone Maps “Bridge Seafoods” is far more accurate.
Please DO NOT park your car here on the service Road, but rather in the FREE public car-park next to the BP service station across the road.
The location is the corner of Incana Court and Brisbane Road. This parking is free and unlimited in time, and only a 2 minute stroll (100m) from the departure point.
Once parked please wait near the top of the ramp until instructed by the skipper that it is safe to come down the ramp and board the vessel.
- Even though the indicated carpark on Brisbane Road normally has plenty of available spots, we always recommend that you ensure you have enough time to find a car park if needed.
- Please feel free to bring along any drinks or snacks you think would be required during your time on the water. A great way to ensure everything stays dry is large zip-lock bags.
- Our kayak guide will have prepared the kayaks for you in advance.