This page outlines the latest information regarding how COVID-19 government restrictions affect your cruise with us, what precautions we are taking to ensure crew and guest safety, and the changes to our standard terms and conditions.
When are we cruising and when will whale season commence?
Our Operations will begin again on the 6th June, 2020. All charters and cruises will initially be operating with a limited capacity to ensure we remain inline with government social distancing restrictions.
What information we need from our guests
Prior to boarding you will be asked to sign a manifest and will be asked the following questions.
- Please bring a pen to sign the manifest
Are private charters still available?
Yes, for up 20 guests until further guidelines are provided.
What are we doing to protect our guests and staff from infection?
To limit the spread of infection we have implemented a number of changes, including but not limited to:
- Regular cleaning and disinfecting in accordance with guidance from Safe Work Australia and public health authority.
- Frequently touched surfaces including counters, handrails, doors, EFTPOS facilities as well as till, phones, computer mice and keyboards are regularly cleaned.
- No tickets are required upon boarding, they are ticked off on the ships manifest.
- Signage is displayed as reminders reminders of social distancing.
- Physical distancing – floor has markings to keep workers and customers at least 1.5m apart from each other.
- Seating appropriately arranged for physical distancing and allowing for same household group sections.
- Payments of outstanding balances are only accepted via “tap and go”.
- Alcohol based hand sanitiser is provided on entry to the vessel (out of reach of children), and for the duration of the trip.
- Cleaning and disinfecting is done in accordance with guidance from Safe Work Australia and Health authorities.
- Soap and water for hand washing and paper towel for hand drying is available in bathrooms.
IF you feel unwell or are unable to travel due to restrictions
If you feel unwell or are unable to travel to the tour due to government restrictions please contact us as soon as possible.
Amendments to Terms & Conditions
The following terms overrule any existing related terms in our standard booking policy terms available here.
Cancellations – If you are unable to attend your booked tour due to travel restrictions or illness please contact us as soon as possible to reschedule or organise a gift voucher. Full refunds are available with sufficient notice.
Lawful instruction – by booking a tour with us you agree to comply with reasonable and lawful directions of the vessel’s master and crew during the duration of the tour. In the interests of public and crew safety, and inline with government social distancing guidelines, the master or crew may lawfully direct you where to stand or sit on the vessel.
Refusal of entry – the interests of public and crew safety, we reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone who displays the symptoms of being unwell or who refuses to follow the instructions of the master and crew.
The term “COVID Safe’ means we have, to the best of our ability and inline with government recommendations, prepared the venue to be as infection free as possible. It remains the responsibility of individuals to limit the spread of infection through social distancing and good hygiene practice. With this in mind please follow these steps when visiting our venue.
Please do NOT attend our venue if:
- You feel at all unwell or present with any symptoms of any illness.
- You have travelled overseas within the past 14 days.
- Been in close contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19 or who displaying symptoms of the virus.
- Been directed to self-isolate or are awaiting COVID-19 test results.
When attending our venue please do:
- Wash your hands regularly with soapy water or hand sanitiser.
- Avoid touching your face, particularly your mouth, nose or eyes.
- Practice social distancing between yourself and others.
- Avoid physical greetings such as hand shakes or hugs.
- If you do need to cough or sneeze, do so into your bent elbow or a tissue (which you should dispose of immediately).