The 3 Hour River & Canals Cruise.
Our 3 hour long River & Canal Cruise is the perfect option for larger groups wanting to really enjoy themselves out on the water! And it is absolutely the best Party Cruise option!
This Mooloolaba River cruise, together with our 3 hour Coastline & Canal Cruise, are by far the most popular cruise options we have on offer!
The biggest differences between the 2 cruises are firstly, the number of passengers you can have. This Mooloolaba River cruise can accommodate up to 45 passengers in absolute comfort, Vs the Coastline & Canal Cruise taking a maximum of 22 passengers. The other difference is that this cruise must remain within the river and canals. But when you are cruising that is the area more than 90% of people want to stay anyway. Calm, smooth and effortless cruising aboard a massive 55 foot vessel with all the luxuries you could hope for! It really is the most enjoyable way to entertain a group of friends (and family?). You know that you deserve that feeling of luxury and exclusiveness! And your guests will revel in that too!
See the luxury Sunshine Coast waterfront homes from the aspect they were designed to be admired from. And enjoy the fact that you and your guests are doing so from a vantage point that will make you the absolute envy everyone standing ashore!
And let’s not forget that with the inclusion of our onboard fully licensed bar you will be enjoying a drink as you sail around as well. Yes, we want you to feel that VIP feeling! Our wide range of drinks, INCLUDING COCKTAILS, is served by a team that only has your enjoyment in mind! Bring along your own selection of food, or organise a catering company to do all the hard work for you and really make this an event to remember!
You can even have your event specially organised with styling, catering and specialised staff to serve your guests. Or perhaps you want it more casual. Either way we can help make it the perfect River cruise for you!
Everyone at Sunshine Coast Afloat prides themself on being extremely dedicated and responsible to our guests. Not only will we always provide you with an extremely safe, clean and well appointed vessel, we will, on all trips, try to limit vessel capacity to to the best suited numbers to ensure that you have a safe, comfortable and memorable experience.
Our highly qualified and trained crew are on board to assist in making sure every aspect of your cruise is executed with your enjoyment and safety the absolute focus at all times. From the moment you step aboard they will ensure you have nothing more to do than to sit back enjoy yourself.
No doubt this is why we have, for the last 9 years won the top Tripadvisor awards each year!
Some key points you can expect with Sunshine Coast Afloat on this tour;
- We will have a wide range of drinks aboard for you to choose from at prices at or below those of the average tavern! (NO BYO)
- 2 on deck, modern marine toilets for your use.
- Access to a modern marine (2000W) sound system by bluetooth so you can choose your type and level of music.
- Plenty of comfortable seating ranging from bean bags to lounges and more.
- A large centre table to have your food laid out on which is easily accessible by all your guests, and surrounded by large soft covered seating pods.
This 3 hour Coastline and Canals Cruise is absolutely one of the most popular cruise offering we have, and weekends in almost always book out well in advance. We therefore strongly recommend booking early to avoid missing out on the date you need!
We really look forward to seeing you aboard soon!
COVID Safe Fishing – for detailed information on how we’ve adjusted our tour to be COVID Safe as well as for our fully updated terms click here.
Wondering what the weather might be like? A great place to get an idea up to 7 days out is Seabreeze! or BOM or Willy Weather. Of course please remember that these sites are generalised and focused on the Beach conditions, and as such may not accurately reflect what is happening in the protected waters in the river and canals.
If you have questions relating to this or any of our other tour offerings, our FAQ’S PAGE might be able to assist as well. Of course you can always contact us by phone, email or text.
Please note that other impacts such as phone and agent bookings, weather and other unforeseen things could impact on the availability at the same time as you are requesting the charter online. Our Terms and conditions are available on this webpage ( Click here to view them now ) and will also be emailed to you as part of the booking confirmation.
The “BRIDGE SEAFOOD ” Pontoon (located at the rear of the restaurant),
209 Brisbane Road Mooloolaba Qld.
For a GPS use “Bridge Seafoods” or “209 Brisbane Road Mooloolaba Qld”. In iPhone Maps “Bridge Seafoods” is far more accurate.
Please DO NOT park your car here on the service Road, but rather in the FREE public car-park next to the BP service station across the road.
The location is the corner of Incana Court and Brisbane Road. This parking is free and unlimited in time, and only a 2 minute stroll (100m) from the departure point.
Once parked please wait near the top of the ramp until instructed by the skipper that it is safe to come down the ramp and board the vessel.
FOR BOAT-BOOKINGS ONLY, ON SPECIAL REQUEST, THE FOLLOWING LOCATION CAN ALSO BE ARRANGED:
The “Coast Guard & Boat Ramp” Pontoon (located between the 2 boat ramps),
51 Parkyn Parade Mooloolaba Qld.
(Click on the RED
icon on the above map for more information)
We depart from the “Coast Guard & Boat Ramp” Pontoon. (Pontoon is located between the 2 boat ramps).
For a GPS use 51 Parkyn Parade Mooloolaba Qld. These are the units across the road from the ramp.
Please DO NOT park your car in the Boat trailer areas here but rather find a park along Parkyn Parade where parking is free and unlimited in time. Cars parked incorrectly in the Boat ramp car park are likely to be towed.
Once parked please wait at the top of the ramp to the pontoon until instructed by the crew that it is safe to come down the ramp and board the vessel.
The Sunshine Coast’s most popular, 3 Hour, Private, RIVER and CANAL CRUISE.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||The Pontoon at Bridge Seafoods, 209 Brisbane Road (Service Road), Mooloolaba( Sunshine Coast), Queensland. Australia|
|DEPARTURE AND RETURN TIMES||The departure times can be arranged to best suit you and your group.|
|DEPARTURE NOTE||Please arrive 30 minutes prior for a prompt departure.Please ensure you have checked in via the Covid Safe link sent with your confirmation or with the QR code at the departure location. We cannot depart until EVERYONE has properly checked in.|
|WHAT TO WEAR & BRING||Comfortable clothing, enclosed shoes (NO BLACK SOLES & NO STILETTO HEELS PLEASE!), hat and sunglasses. Bring a rain jacket just in case.Alcohol can be purchased aboard. NO BYO DRINKS! We reserve the right to check bags and other items to ensure alcohol is not brought aboard.
You are welcome to bring your own food with you or have it catered as we do not supply food!
Please note that Crusader 1 is NON-SMOKING vessel.
If you have been or are looking for a slightly longer, River and Canals, Cruise to fit in with your friends, family, work or other groups, you have now, without doubt, found the right offer!
Sunshine Coast Afloat offer a range of cruise options including cruises that are the envy of other operators! Let us spoil you aboard our large, spacious, stable and extremely well appointed vessel Crusader 1. Fully refurbished in 2021 you will be hard pressed to find a better value for money offering anywhere! And in our business our entire focus is on ensuring our customers have an experience they will remember cherish and want to talk about for a long time?
Crusader 1 is a large, 55 foot, “open deck” vessel, which allows full walk-around access. And the bow, decked out with large comfortable bean bags, is an absolute favorite for most of our guests as it’s not common to have so much room and comfort in this location on a boat. No shortage of seating with the already mention bean bags as well as lounges, rail side seating and even bar stools to choose from, depending on where you are on deck at the time. No more feeling cramped and squashed-in, as she is a huge boat, taking much smaller numbers of passengers than many much smaller boats do!
This 3 hour River and Canal cruise is one of our most popular cruise offering, and takes a minimum of 22 and a maximum of 45 passengers. With seating for up to 60, you are assured of a lot of space and comfort regardless of the final number of guests you have.
Crusader 1 has undoubtedly got the most up-close and close-to-the-water viewing decks of any vessel on the Sunshine Coast. This tour offers a very personal day out on the water with unobstructed views of the beautiful Mooloolaba waterways and surrounds.
These particular cruises have proven themselves to be an ideal option for a wide range of events, including birthdays, corporate outings, Christmas parties and other celebrations! Allow us to assist in making sure every aspect of your cruise is planned with quality in mind to ensure maximum enjoyment on the day.
Everyone at Sunshine Coast Afloat prides themself on being extremely dedicated and responsible to our guests. Not only will we always provide you with an extremely safe, clean and well appointed vessel, we will, on all trips, try to limit vessel capacity to to the best suited numbers to ensure that you have a safe, comfortable and memorable experience. First class, highly qualified and experienced crew, trained to provide the highest possible levels of service will look after you like never before. From the moment you step aboard they will ensure you have nothing more to do than to enjoy yourself.
No doubt this is why we have, for the last 9 years won the top Tripadvisor awards each year!
Let us assist you to structure this cruise to suit your needs perfectly. With food options from total BYO to fully catered and most levels between those two. Maybe a BBQ on the water is a fun and delicious option.
Or perhaps adding a cocktail option is more to your liking! We can add on a cocktail machine with a range of cocktails to choose from! Being fully licenced now gives you an even wider range of options to choose from!
Some important points to understand:
- A Private Charter booking means you have the entire boat to yourselves. No “individual” bookings are possible. The price is based the number of passengers once you reach 22.
- Any “entertainment” such as waiters, waitresses, DJs, Musicians etc are to be included in the passengers numbers. Don’t have more than 22 people? Then click HERE for the same cruise but with up to 22 passengers!
- We recommend the use of a Bluetooth device such as a mobile phone be brought aboard and used to connect to our onboard sound system to enable the passengers to control the music. (please understand that there are maximum noise level as we are in the river and canals).
- Departure times shown can be adjusted to suit (if other bookings on the day allow), please call us to to arrange this. A booking system cannot show adjustable times unfortunately.
- If “Staging” or decorating of the vessel is required prior to the cruise, please call to ensure time for this is allowed. A staging time fee is applicable if more than 15 minutes is required.
- The alternative pick up and drop off point next to the Coast Guard on Parkyn Parade Mooloolaba can also be arranged if required. Please call to arrange well in advance. A fee is applicable for this service.
- The per person Cruise cost covers the hire of the vessel as well as the crew required to operate her and assist customers. The only other included component is iced water which is self serve.
- You will be required to be “fully self-sufficient” in relation to all and any food items you arrange and have aboard. This includes bringing with you ALL ice, Plates, cutlery etc.
- A $500.00 security deposit is required for the following events; Bucks parties, Hens Parties, 18th and 21st birthday parties, work functions including Christmas parties. Sunshine Coast Afloat reserves the right to require this same security deposit at any time should it feel the the group booking may fall into one of those categories or have similar potential impacts as such groups. Refusal to cooperate in such instances will force the cancellation of the cruise and no refund will be applicable. (More detail on this can be found on our FAQ’S PAGE and our terms and conditions on this site)
- All under age passengers must make themselves know to the crew.
- No combination of BYO and Purchase aboard drinks is possible, beit alcoholic or not.
- Purchases can be made at the bar using cash or eftpos.
- All tabs must be settled with the onboard bar prior to the conclusion of the cruise.
- The cruise will not depart until we have been able to confirm that ALL passengers are accounted for via the sign in form (sent by email on the final confirmation and as a QR code at the departure point.) A delayed departure caused by this not having been done will not result in an extended cruise return time.
COVID Safe Cruising – for detailed information on how we’ve adjusted our tour to be COVID Safe as well as for our fully updated terms click here.
PLEASE ALSO CHECK OUT THE FAQ’S PAGE TO MAKE SURE YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT OTHER CONDITIONS MAY APPLY TO THIS OR ANY OF OUR TOURS.
Wondering what the weather might be like? A great place to get an idea up to 7 days out is Seabreeze! or BOM or Willy Weather. Of course please remember that these sites are generalised and focused on the Beach conditions, and as such may not accurately reflect what is happening further out to sea or in the river and canals.