2018 Whale Watching Season
We are heading out on our last trip tomorrow to say goodbye to the Whales for this season. We have had a sensational season, far exceeding our expectations and we’d like to thank everyone who has supported us in building our Whale Watching trips this year.
The fabulous reviews we have received reinforces to us that we are on the right track. All of us here at Sunshine Coast Afloat have enjoyed being part of the Whale season this year and we are hoping to expand on our offerings next season.
Although we were not lucky enough to have seen Migaloo this year we have enjoyed spotting a number of whales with different but beautiful markings.
We have also been lucky enough to have had Humpbacks & High Rises Whale research volunteers on board this year and hoping to be able to assist next year.
Some of the highlights have been: –
- Having so many International guests on board from countries all over the world like UK, Holland, Germany & our friendly neighbours – New Zealand.
- Witnessing the amazing breaches, tail slapping and migration of the baby calf’s
- We had our Dolphin friends around Crusader 1 which is always a nice thing to see
- Having Chris on board who is a wealth of knowledge when it comes to Humpback Whales. He is looking forward to seeing you all again next season.
- The photographs we have been able to get and receive from our guests are magnificent.
It’s back to Deep Sea Fishing for while now. Spanner Crabbing is closing from 1st November until 15th December, 2018. The closure time has been extended this year so we are hoping to see some good sized crabs when we return.
Before we know it, Christmas will be upon us and it will be all about Christmas Parties, Christmas Light Canal Cruises and of course the Mooloolaba Boat Parade which is on Saturday 22nd December, 2018.
If you would like to know more about any of our activities, just call Paddy on 0412 155 814 or visit our website – www.sunshinecoastafloat.com.au